OBJECTIVE: To apply my many skills and talents.
PORTFOLIO URL: www.starlyght.com
Web Designer, Webmaster and Web Content Writer
Star Lyght Desygn • Mountain View, CA • 1997 - 2006 • Self-owned freelance business.
• Perform all business and administrative tasks. • Create all written content and graphics.
• Design, develop and manage numerous web sites. • Subcontracted to larger web companies.
Political Fund-Raiser & Educator
Fund for Public Interest Research • Los Angeles, CA • 2004-2006 • The Original Canvassers.
• Raised money and awareness by going door-to-door. • Best fund-raiser in LA, US top-ten.
• Re-wrote/arranged marketing materials for optimum response. • Maintained detailed records.
• Managed team of co-workers in the field. • Assisted Directors in-house. • Worked autonomously.
Personal/Writer's Assistant & Webmaster
White Mountain Company (Michael Tolkin) • LA, CA • 2002-2003 • Screenwriter of The Player.
• Organized and ran household and two offices. • Booked & coordinated all lecture events.
• Read and analyzed scripts. • Ran errands. • Worked independently. • Maintained website.
Web Manager and Events Coordinator
The Yoga Solution • San Jose, CA • 1997 - 2001 • Full-service Yoga Company
• Designed, developed, marketed and maintained company site, including an e-commerce store.
• Planned, supervised retreats and special events. • Coordinated with facilities, talent and guests.
Theatre Lighting Technician
TheatreWorks • Menlo Park, CA • 1997 - 2000 • Award-winning Professional Theatre.
• Assisted light designer. • Performed lighting pre-check. • Operated follow spot, light board.
Vegetarian Country • Palo Alto, CA • 1998 • Three-camera variety cooking show.
• Supervised pre-production and production. • Interfaced between set, crew and director.
Technical Writer - Buyer/Planner
Rock Shox Inc. • San Jose, CA • 1995 - 1997 • World leader in mountain bike shocks.
• Started in Admin. • Promoted to Buyer. • Edited, wrote technical copy for manuals.
• Maintained 'Just in Time' inventory. • Responsible for thousands of dollars per day.
Current Events Writer and Office Assistant
Florida House of Representatives Democrat Majority Office • Tallahassee, FL • 1994
• Compiled and summarized daily news articles for Congress. • Assisted legislative analysts.
• Covered front desk, multi-line phone. • General office assistant duties.
Quest Studios • The Dream Trap • Universal Studios, FL • 1989 • Feature starring Kristy Swanson
• General PA duties. • Assisted the script supervisor. • Supported the art department. • Dressed the set.
• Created or bought props and set dressings. • Assisted actors.
B.F.A. in Film & Television - Florida State University Film School 1993 • Cum Laude • GPA 3.9